Is your website turning clients away?
It’s best to think of website visitors as toddlers.
They have no attention span and you have to convince them that there is something in it for them to stay on your site. You only have a few seconds to convince new visitors to stay on your site, and if your site doesn’t deliver on the promise it made to get them there, your new visitor needs only to click a mouse to head back to Google or move on to your competition.
With so many contractors out there doing what you do, why would your prospect put up with a less than stellar website?
That’s why you need to design your website with the assumption that every visitor is 2-year old toddler. That’s the key to a persuasive website.
Let’s break down our user’s pathologies and what they mean for us:
- The visitor is a sociopath. They could care less about you unless what you do means something to them. That means your content needs to speak to them. The majority of contractor websites talk endlessly about the company. “We’re the number 1 blah blah blah” Who cares? Talk to your user, hold up the mirror, describe them to themselves. They are their favorite topic. That’s true of everyone. So always try to talk to your visitor about themselves.
- The visitor is lazy. If you put any additional layers or requirements on your new visitor, they will just give up and leave your site. Have to click four times to learn about your services? They’re leaving. No clear next step to learn more? They’re going to quit. Remove every friction point because people are just that lazy.
- The visitor can’t do things for themselves. Let’s assume they are both reading and decision-making impaired. Take away everything that is garbage on your site, make everything clear and obvious, and reduce any unnecessary decisions by making those decisions for them in advance by adding defaults or removing things entirely. Though despite not being able to do things for themselves, they are deeply distrustful of you. For now.
Instead, let’s make your website your most effective salesperson!
Is your prospect actually crazy or lazy? No, of course not —but thinking this way, by adopting these extremes as a mindset, and design around them, then your website will do the job you hired it to do and do its absolute best to convert visitors into prospects and leads.
To do that, you need to meet the needs of your visitors. People, when visiting your website, are goal-driven. They have a pain or need they need solved, and no patience for nonsense.
If your website takes care of your visitors by being easy-to-use and logically designed, it will become the most effective salesperson you have.
Learn how to make your website your most effective salesperson
Here’s the problem with construction web design: it’s focused too much on design, and not enough on results.
You may be at a loss when it comes to knowing if your website is set up properly.
Sure, you may have a great website— a fantastic site with awesome content— but does it do its job and make you any money for your business? If not, why not, and how do you fix it?
Even if you wanted to improve your website, most of us are left scratching our heads wondering where to even start.
That’s where I come in.
I’ve built and optimized a few thousand winning websites for my clients. I’ve learned, through experience, what it takes to build a contractor website that doesn’t just look good, but that actually gets results.
How it works:
After you’ve made your purchase, you’ll receive a welcome packet with these next steps:
- Fill out our pre-call website review questionnaire
- Answer a few follow-up questions about your website
- A video and report will be delivered to you to review at your leisure
Who is this for?
Website Analysis Video Recordings are best for:
- Contractors who are looking for actionable information on how to convert more website visitors into prospects and leads
- Construction pros who are looking for insights and specific advice on how to convert more visitors into subscribers and more subscribers into customers
If you think your website is important to your construction business and you want actionable, specific feedback on your website, then purchase your Website Analysis now!
I’ll show you how to make your website your most effective salesperson. You’ll receive helpful, actionable advice focused on improving your website and your business.
Order your Website Analysis today
When you order a Website Analysis, this is what you’ll get:
- Video Analysis — You’ll get a recorded video with Darren (that’s me) recording my experience of going to your website for the first time, just like your prospects, except I will be pointing out friction points or issues that prevent you from accomplishing your goals on your website
- Your Questions, Answered — You’ll get answers to your most pressing questions about your website, increasing conversions, getting more leads and selling more of your services
- Fast Action Plan — After the analysis is complete, you’ll receive a fast action plan for your site: a detailed summary of changes you should make to improve your website’s ability to convert. These are most important changes that I recommend. The summary is a great companion piece to the video, allowing you to have a punch list of the most important changes to make (that way, you don’t have to go back and watch the video over and over to get the most important bits).
Here’s what your Website Analysis Video Recording will include:
- A detailed review of your current website
- My thoughts and feedback in real-time as they happen on each page of your site
- The “glaringly obvious” issues that you probably don’t see
- A video recording of all the above
- A ‘Fast Action Plan’ summarizing the most important changes to make right away
What my clients say:
I followed you guys at least 4 years before engaging Darren Slaughter. I should have done it sooner but I had people in my office telling me “you don’t need that help.” I finally blew them off and I was right. You guys are way better than having in-house staff doing the work. Also very impressive is that you think about the cost to us in the process! I almost hate to refer you guys and let my secret out.
Doug Bush, CMS Bush
Darren & his team are the real deal…period. In fact, once a couple of our bigger projects get rolling here soon I will gladly be writing another check with Darren Slaughter’s name on it.
Bob Benhardt, Benhardt Construction & Remodeling
Darren: I wanted to ‘publicly’ thank you for rebuilding my website and turning it into a ‘lead machine’! We had a decent looking website in the past but had two major problems with it. 1) We did not come up in organic searches 2) We did not have a well formatted ‘call to action’ to convert viewers to leads. We are now ranked on page one on most searches and 2/3′s of our google analytic hits are from organic searches. You website design work has given us the tools and confidence to succeed in today’s ‘tougher than ever’ business climate.
Bill Moseley, President, Garages-N-More, Inc
OK, so how much is it?
My website reviews are $499 and will be the best thing you’ve done for your website in a long time. If you consider booking just one job using the results from my review should net you tens of thousands in new business, your investment should pay for itself a few dozen times over. But, I will put my money where my mouth is. See below.
Why wait? Buy now with a 100% Money Back Guarantee
You’re backed by my money back guarantee. If I didn’t help you identify ways to improve your website and make it a better salesperson for your business, I’ll refund you 100% of your money.