Free Homepage Audit
Most websites don’t convert readers into leads like they should.
Every company is “live on the web,” open to public scrutiny and public perception. People need to feel served by the companies they work with, and your online reputation is at stake every day. Online is where they decide if they are going to do business with you.
Our take on responsive website design is to build structure into the framework so that your site looks great but performs as well.
Your website talks to three types of people: those who are actively looking for what you do, those who will need you in the near future, and those dreaming about the day they can use your services.
The goal of your website’s homepage is to talk to all three and raise your awareness level in their decision-making process, but not in an overtly salesy way.
Your website’s homepage is the “lobby” of your online brand. All things you do on the web should lead back to here. Your website has a lot of heavy lifting to do, especially the homepage.
The visitors to your site are made up of potential users of your product or service. Let people know why your website is worth visiting or why it’s not.
What I’m looking for on your homepage…
- Does the homepage drip just enough detail to warrant a clickthrough into the site?
- Does your homepage educate your visitor in what you do, where you do it, and how to reach you?
- Do visitors feel safe on your site? If not, they are gone before you even knew they were there.
Cultivate: Your homepage is their beginning with you.
Connect: They have to connect with you on some level.
Close: Achieve those goals on your homepage.
Three Reasons Why You Should Do It…
- I’ve done over 700 homepage reviews in the last ten years alone, and I know what works on a homepage.
- Most websites have some element of design or content that could pull better results, even mine.
- We get to the root question: how can you serve them?