Advertising doesn’t have to be hard. Like construction, advertising is simply knowing what goes where and how. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t get the results they want (or need to stay in business) so this type of advertising fits into the square peg, round hole portion of our show. So to avoid that, here are 5 quick tips you can use when advertising your construction business.
1. Use your ad platform to work for you. In other words, let the newspapers, YP and radio or TV guys do your production for you. Believe it or not, they know what sells on their ad platforms.
2. Talking about your benefits vs. features always sells better. The reason is the benefit induces an emotional reaction to the product or service your company provides.
3. You have to know who you compete with. Let me repeat that – you have to know as many of your competitors in your local market as you possibly can.
4. While word of mouth or referral business is great, it usually is never enough to keep you as busy as you could be. This means you have to advertise no matter what.
5. The key to someone remembering who you are and what your company is about is by providing a consistent message in your advertising no matter where they may see it.
Now, you are obviously not going to corner the market using the simple tips above, but it is a good place to start if you don’t have a clue how to get it going.