I have been pretty busy over the last few weeks doing website reviews, and one of the common topics I bring up on most of these reviews is the use of video. You see, video is going to supplant text within 5 years as the most consumed form of media on the Web. Yes, you read that right, we are going to watch more than we are going to read.
So the use of video to market your contracting company is going to become more and more important over the next couple of years for a number of reasons:
- Video is easier to produce than some contextual content
- Search engines seem to like video a lot more these days
- Video gives you the ability to extend your personality
- There is no better way to show off your good work than video
- For those of you who don’t fancy yourselves writers, video allows you to level the playing field
But what makes a solid video?
I know I have answered this question before, but if you are looking for a quick and easy format to knock out a 90 second video, then follow these quick tips to using video for your construction company.
- Have a 15 second intro by the owner
- Use another 20 seconds talking about your business lines and services offered
- Show before & after clips of a recent job for 15 seconds
- Another 15 seconds for a video testimonial
- 15 seconds to wrap up
- Use the final 10 seconds for contact information
Try and shoot this “on the fly” if you can, it will become more real and genuine. If you have to use a script, write it in a way that makes you sound like you are talking one-on-one with the viewer.
And there you have it, an easy way to get your 1st video up and on your website to help you bring in more business. Give me a link to your video in the comments below and show-off your work!