What Do You Want For Christmas? And forget the new Dodge Ram or F-350; you are going to have to ask Santa for that. I want to know what you want out of this site.
- Is the information you are getting here helping?
- Are you using it?
- What do you want more of?
- What do you want less of?
- How can I improve the site for you?
- What do you like about the content?
- What do you not like?
- Do you want more videos or less?
I am asking because we aim to please here at Darren’s House of Useless Knowledge, but more importantly, because I don’t do this stuff operating in a vacuum, I want to know that what you read or watch here helps you in your business, so tell me what ya want!
6 thoughts on “What Do You Want (From This Site) For Christmas?”
I haven’t been a subscriber to your site long enough to give a grounded answer to your questions, but I can say that just asking them, is very positive. It shows you care about the content you provide. Most of us are trying to figure out what the new “normal” is for our business. For me, “Darren’s House of Useless Knowledge,” has actually been Darren’s House of Useful Ideas. I like your short videos, but find your multi-tasking of recording while driving to be a bit distracting.
I imagine that most business people are “wearing more hats” than we were a couple of years ago and are looking for quick, straight to the point ideas that will help us stand out from our competition, make routine business tasks easier and help us believe that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming toward us.
I realize that my three year old website is totally out of date and find your content on websites and social media to be very helpful in my quest to bring myself “up to speed” with internet marketing.
Happy New Year
First of all, thank you for stopping by and commenting! I hope you are having a great holiday and that you have a fantastic and Happy New Year! Here are my thoughts on your comments:
1. I think asking people what they want is THE EASIEST way to serve them, and I take any opportunity I can to do that, so thanks for mentioning it!
2. The Darren’s House of Useless Knowledge is a bit of tongue in check, but I am sure you will come to know my sense of humor around here!
3. The videos while driving are tough to avoid as I spend a lot of time thinking about the meetings I am coming from or going to, but I will see if I can just capture the idea, and do a bit more formal video presentation.
4. I am a marketing guy, and what I try and do for the contracting companies I work for (and talk to here on the site) is to help them make that part of their day easier. Either by helping them do it themselves, or doing it for them entirely.
5. Website design needs to come to the forefront of every contractor out there, not just you. Reason why? Because your site is a lead generation tool! No longer are online brochures acceptable to your clients or customers, nor should they be acceptable to you. You want to drive new business out of them, so I am here to help any way I can!
Sam, I again want to say thanks for stopping by and I am happy that you are using the site for exactly what my intended purpose was for starting it…to help you sell more, advertise better & market to buyers!
Take care and Happy New Year!
With the new year comes a new round of home shows. I would be interested in your thoughts regarding giveaways, lead capture, contests, etc. Are any of these worthwhile marketing efforts? Or, what makes them worthwhile?
I like home shows a lot for contractors. Have a compelling reason for people to do business with you right there on the spot and you can recover your costs pretty quickly!
Darren, I think your website is great, and the only thing I can think of, or maybe I am totally blind is a ” stumble upon ” feature when reading your articles.
Otherwise, surperb job and Happy Holidays.
I guess I should, but I thought SU has been losing it’s luster. But, if it is another way to get the word out, I will get it done!
Comments are closed.